How to Celebrate your Birthday in College (when you're not 21)

11:00 AM

Celebrating birthdays is one of my favorite thing to do. I enjoy getting together with friends and creating memories. The fun seemingly triples when you go away to college. But the kicker here is that many people believe you can only have fun when you're 21-years old or have a fake I.D. I'm here to tell you that that's not true! I do not have a fake I.D. because I am a horrible liar. And I am only about to be 19-years old, so no bars or clubs for me. But there are some awesome ways to celebrate that do not require you to be of legal drinking age (in the US). 

1. Go to a hookah bar. 

I know that not everyone enjoys smoking. I am not the biggest fan either; I seldom go. But flavored tobacco is literally a great thing. Getting some friends together to go to a hookah (or chicha) bar, listen to great music, and have nice conversations is the ultimate time! I celebrated one of my best friend's birthday like this; I also went to celebrate my roommate's birthday.

2. Go to an escape room.

First of all, do not wait until your birthday to do this because escape rooms are great. But, if you must, definitely go to celebrate your birthday. Escape rooms force you and your fellow escapees to work together, and it's really fun to do. My friends and I recently did the kidnapping escape room at Breakout Des Moines.

3. Go to a BYOB or 18+ Club.

BYOB (Bring Your Own Booze) parties or clubs are generally 18 and older, so this is perfect for those under 18 who still want t have a good time partying. After all, you don't need booze to have a good time!

4. Have a dorm/apartment party.

Some of the best parties I went to were in dorms. While you have to be careful not to be overzealous and loud, inviting friends over, turning on some music, and creating your own party can be great. If you have a larger dorm, invite more people and make it into a true college party! 
Sound off in the comments how you celebrated your birthday in college! I want to hear all about it.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe