Center Grove Orchard in Iowa

2:38 PM

This past Friday, I went to the Center Grove Orchard with some of my GWC friends. The day was perfect - the weather was just right, there was so much to do, and I got to eat some delicious Cider Donuts. I also bought a pumpkin! Soon enough, I plan to paint it, so I'm pretty excited about that. 

Some of the awesome activities that we did during the orchard include the following:

  1. Picking Pumpkins. I bought one for .78 cents - .78 CENTS. I was expecting it to be more, so when I went to pay, I was all for buying it. My friends and I had a lot of fun trying to find the best pumpkin; the only downfall to searching for them were the vines that were super prickly! Remember to take gloves when going to a Pumpkin Patch! 
  2. Hayride. I love hayrides so much! It bummed me out a bit that this hayride was pulled by a tractor instead of a horse, but then again, I'm pretty glad because horses aren't meant to do that type of labor. Horses are meant to roam free, like the wind. On the hayride, we had the opportunity to get off in three areas: the corn maze, the apple orchard, and the pumpkin patch.
  3. Corn Maze. It was hilarious trying to get through the maze. We entered in the Adult Maze and exited through the Kid's exit. I still have no idea how that happened, but it was still really fun!
  4. Slides. There were so many slides to go down. I did not go down any because I wasn't feeling it, but my friends did! I caught some great photos and some videos that I'll compile later. 
  5. Bouncing. There was this awesome bounce type thing there that was super fun! 



Have you been to an orchard this year yet, or are you planning on it? 


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. So fun post. Love it.
    Would you like to follow me back?
    http://www.glaringwaves.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe