"Why the Hell Not": Happy New Year!

9:00 AM


It's officially 2017! Woooo! I love the beginning of each year. The energy in the air is insane; everyone is ready to let go of the old year; parties are still raging; champagne is being popped; fireworks and sparklers are shining in the air; and the Time Square ball is dropping. I relish this time of year. Once the night festivities calm down, the energy is still there. Everyone is ready to start the new year off great: setting goals, finding inspiration, planning and organizing, and more. 

I typically like to do New Year Resolutions, but I find that I don't normally follow up with those. I don't know what it is, but I feel like it's too much pressure. If I don't actually complete my resolutions, it can be tolling on how I view myself and what I'm doing. I don't like that feeling, so I've decided to come up with another type of way to encourage myself during the new year.  Instead of pressuring myself to complete a set of goals by the end of 2017, I am going to set a motto for the year that I want to live by. 



I feel like this is a great motto for 2017 for me. It's motivating me to be as daring as I can be; instead of asking "why?" the question will be "why not?" I have so much that I want to do in 2017, and this motto will be what I fall back on each time. Starting to blog more frequently: why the hell not? Falling back in love with photography: why the hell not? Reading 40 or more books: why the hell not? Working and successfully completing my internship: why the hell not? 

What would be your motto for this year?


 photo the-burns-effect-signature.png

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe