6 Holiday Movies to Watch this Season

10:00 AM


Guys! I cannot believe that we have less than a month left in 2016. I can still remember ringing in the new year with my friends in Düsseldorf ; we had fireworks, sparklers, wine, and good food. It was amazing. I can also remember the intense emotions of my last night in Germany; how I felt when the plane touched down in the US; and being surprised by my family and friends when I returned home. Everything seems like it just happened. But, in reality, it didn't. All of this will soon be qualified as happening a year ago. That's insane! In less than six weeks, we will no longer be in 2016 - are you guys ready for 2017?

But let me slow down a bit: let's talk about the holidays. It's getting colder; it's beginning to snow in some states; I am simply in the Holiday Spirit. I've already began playing Christmas music, watching Christmas films, and talking Christmas gifts. I fly back to Michigan on December 17th, and I cannot wait to see my family and spend the holidays with them! It is seemingly a family tradition to gather and watch holiday movies together. My favorite film of all time is The Polar Express. I've been addicted to the movie since elementary school. Below I am sharing some great holiday films to get you in the spirit! Share some movies that you enjoy below in the comments.

1. A Madea Christmas

Tyler Perry has so many great movies out. It's hard for me to a choose a favorite general one, but A Madea Christmas is easily my favorite holiday movie of his. While the movie revolves around the holiday, it is great to watch at any time throughout the year; it's main theme is interracial relationships, family, and honesty. It stars Anna Marie Horsford, Tika Sumpter, Eric Lively, and Chad Michael Murray among others. Of course, expect to laugh a lot; after all, it's "MA to the d*mn D-E-A." 

2. The Holiday

I recently watched this movie on Netflix. It stars Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jack Black, and Jude Law. Initially, I did not know how I would feel about the movie. After I finished watching it, though, I loved it! It's such a cozy movie, and it's also hilarious (I tend to find most movies with Cameron in them funny, though). I highly suggest giving this film a try.

3. Love Actually

Do I actually have to explain why you should watch this overly-cliche holiday movie? If you love love, then you'll love Love Actually. This is my go-to feel-good movie. Also, you should watch it because of the catchy song by Billy Mack, "Christmas Is All Around.

4. This Christmas

I love, love, love this movie! It features Chris Brown, Columbus Short, Lorreta Devine, Lauren London, Idris Elba, Laz Alonzo, Delroy Lindo, and many other awesome actors/actresses. This is a great family movie as it focuses on a family's first Christmas together after a long time. Plus, there's great music and singing, so if the former didn't convince you...

5. The Polar Express

This has been and will always be my favorite holiday movie. It's an animated film, so if you're into that type of thing, this is the movie for you. It focuses on a train-full of children and conductors heading toward the North Pole. The main character doesn't believe in Santa anymore, but by the end of the movie, you'll have to watch it to see yourself. 

6. Home Alone (all of them) 

I'm not going to write much here. Home Alone is the traditional holiday movie that anybody who's anybody has seen. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe