Studying Abroad in Urbino (Yes, In Italy)

10:00 AM


Today, I am on the way to Urbino, Italy. This is my second study abroad, but my first time in college abroad. When I first went overseas, I studied with Youth for Understanding in Germany during my senior year in high school. (You can read all about it on the blog that I kept up while there, which you can find right here.) Now, I am going to Italy with my college. The program that I am going under is called A Semester in Urbino--Italy. It goes from the end of January to the beginning of May, and the focus will be on the Renaissance Era of Italy with focus on Journalism and Communication students, such as public relations, journalism, and advertising. Our accompanying professor is Dennis Chamberlin, a Pulitzer-Prize winning photographer and professor.

I plan to keep this blog up with some of my adventures in the land of love. Living in Italy has been my dream for the longest. Before I went to Germany, the plan was for me to study abroad in Italy; I went to the former, however, because it was financially better. I have no regrets, however; I'm simply even more excited to finally get to live in my dream country for awhile. While I am excited to go to Italy (and not even a super touristy part, y'all!) and become immersed in the culture, I am not going with ridiculously high hopes. My mind is open, and I am going to let whatever happens, happen.

When it comes to travelling, I am learning that being super open and willing to experience is the most important trait to have. Anything can happen, so if your expectations are really high, you will end your trip feeling like it was unsuccessful. That's why my goal is to go to Italy, learn the language as best as I can in the 3.5 months I am there, and just...experience.

Throughout my time there, I am going to travel around the country. It's not a goal of mine to leave Italy (unless I cannot find doner; then, I am making a trip to Germany). I want to get to know this country as much as I can, every crevice and unique aspect of it. So, here's to a good few months!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe